Saturday, December 26, 2020

A painless self-hosted Git service

Remember how a part of my NAS setup was to host my own Git server?

Well that forced me to review options and I stumble into Gitea.  A extremely sexy GitHub replica with more spices and lighter profile.



It was a breeze to set it up and it has all the goodies we have grown to love in GitHub.  Host it on your own PC, NAS, docker container, whatever, it is just great.  We have uploaded our archive repository on it (around 600MB of just code) and it's handling with no issues.

You can control organizations, teams, users, private/public profiles, setup the configuration in PostgreSQL, MySQL or MSSQL it is all possible.

So, if you want to avoid dependencies on external companies or avoid future charges for it.  Browse around on the Gitea site.



No comments:

A painless self-hosted Git service

Remember how a part of my NAS setup was to host my own Git server? Well that forced me to review options and I stumble into Gitea .  A extr...