It was displayed at EKON 9 conference.
- Dexter (end 2005) will have ECO 3 (with ECO Basic in all Delphi editions), specific support for 64bit .net, a full-blown version of Together for Delphi, focus on performance and quality, Fastcode Memory Manager, SQL Server Unicode in dbexpress, BDP Connection pooling, BDP SQl tracing, BDP Data Hub error reconciliation, new refactories and lots more.
- Highlander (2006) will support net 2.0 and provide a VCL for .NET 2.0, VCL for Compact Framework, support for 64bit .NET 2.0
- Delphi for Vista (2007) will include a VCL for Avalon and Indigo support
- Delphi/C++ for win64 (circa 2007).
* Taken from Marco Cantú notes.
Check a picture of the roadmap taken by Bob Swart.
I dont need to explain more, the picture says it all. :)
VCL becomes again the key factor around Delphi development, with ever changing MS specs, a common ground is needed and VCL give us that.
VCL works with Linux, Win32 and .Net, and it will support CF and Avalon in the coming future.
No need to redesign or alter your applications. woo hoo.